Hi everybody! I just made some more of the cute pompon brooches and I’d like to share it with you. Crafting along these pompons while listening to the beatiful album “Days to come” by Bonobo is a real Sunday joy. I hope you have a relaxed and creative day too. Have fun and happy moments!
Hi everybody! This is my contribution against winter depression. Tomorrow I start my new job and I wanted to have a new bag to carry my lunch every day. It should be bright, colourful and a real eye-catcher in all this grey and unpleasant January weather outside. I decided for a white cotton bag and painted it with glitter polkadots. Yay! For extra brightness I attached small pompons in my current fav colours. Didn’t it turn out cute? I love it very much.
So here’s how you can make one for yourself. You’ll need:
– white cotton bag
– fabric painter in gold glitter
– circle stencil or something similar as a big button
– piece of cardboard
– for the pompons: yarn, pompon-maker and Bakers Twine
Let’s get started:
– First iron the cotton bag. Then lay it out flat and insert the cardboard.
– Draw the circles onto the fabric with thin pencil lines. I used a big button for it. If you’re not sure where to draw the circles you can make circle- templates out of coloured paper first and lay them out onto the bag. So you can play around with the positions before you finally draw the circles.
– Paint the circles with the fabric painter. Let it dry completely an iron it from the backside. Now it will be fixed and washable.
– If you like, make 3 pompons and attach them with Bakers Twine on your bag.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Have fun and happy moments!
All you need is a bit of leftover yarn in candy colours to make the pompons. When you have three of them, cut them in shape for a nice and neat look. Attach Bakers Twine, in matching colours if you have at hand, and add some beads. Tie everything together – and that’s it.
I wish you all a very happy new year full of inspiration, creativity and fun. Making beautiful things and following your inspiration is a great way to enjoy life – so keep on being creative and enjoy the new year as much as you can. Read you in 2015!