Hi everybody! This is my contribution against winter depression. Tomorrow I start my new job and I wanted to have a new bag to carry my lunch every day. It should be bright, colourful and a real eye-catcher in all this grey and unpleasant January weather outside. I decided for a white cotton bag and painted it with glitter polkadots. Yay! For extra brightness I attached small pompons in my current fav colours. Didn’t it turn out cute? I love it very much.
So here’s how you can make one for yourself. You’ll need:
– white cotton bag
– fabric painter in gold glitter
– circle stencil or something similar as a big button
– piece of cardboard
– for the pompons: yarn, pompon-maker and Bakers Twine
Let’s get started:
– First iron the cotton bag. Then lay it out flat and insert the cardboard.
– Draw the circles onto the fabric with thin pencil lines. I used a big button for it. If you’re not sure where to draw the circles you can make circle- templates out of coloured paper first and lay them out onto the bag. So you can play around with the positions before you finally draw the circles.
– Paint the circles with the fabric painter. Let it dry completely an iron it from the backside. Now it will be fixed and washable.
– If you like, make 3 pompons and attach them with Bakers Twine on your bag.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Have fun and happy moments!